Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about your bill? The most frequently asked questions are below or you can always contact our office to speak to a billing representative at 800.333.9779.
What are my bill pay options?
Our acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, money order or credit/debit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit/debit cards.
- Phone: 800.333.9779
- Online: Click here to go to ‘MyAccount’ to make an online payment. From there you can make a one-time payment or set up recurring payments. For instructions on registering your online account, click here.
- Quitman – 102 N. Stephens, Quitman, TX
- Winnsboro – 400 S Main, Winnsboro, TX
- Mail: PO Box 1676, Quitman, TX 75783
Recurring Payments can be setup by accessing your account online.
When is my payment due?
Payments are due by the end of the business day on the 16th of the month. If the 16th of the month falls on a weekend, payments will be due by end of the next business day.
Why does my first bill seem so high?
Your first bill could include proration based on when you received services. To discuss any charges on your statement, please contact our business office during regular business hours at 800.333.9779.
What type of Internet service do I have?
Peoples provides various types of Internet service depending on your location.
- DSL from Peoples uses traditional copper telephone lines to transmit and receive high-speed data and voice at the same time.
- Ignyte Wireless is for local area residents who are beyond our DSL service area. Ignyte services require equipment installed on the roof of you house.
- Fiber to the Home is available in select areas of our footprint.
How do I check my email?
Your @peoplescom.net email can be checked by visiting My Account on our website. You can also connect your email account to your mobile device.
What is GreyMail and how do I use it?
GreyMail is a spam and virus filtering software that will help reduce attacks to your email and ultimately your devices. Simple guide to GreyMail.
How do I add my email to POP accounts and mobile devices?
Using Outlook for your inbox. No problem. Email settings guide.
Where can I get support?
If you need technical assistance setting up our Internet Service on your personal computer, we offer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
DSL & Ignyte Customers: Call Toll Free (855) 472-4435 or Request A Chat With Your Helpdesk.
Where can I find the telephone book?
Peoples Telephone Directory is mailed to our customers annually in October. It can always be found online at www.peoplesyellowpages.com. Now, download our Peoples Telephone mobile app to view the directory on your mobile device as well.
Support Programs for Qualifying Low-Income Customers
Terms and Conditions
Lifeline is a government assistance program that offers qualified households a discount on their monthly phone or internet service.
Eligible subscribers may save up to $12.75 on your monthly bill. These benefits apply to internet or local phone service. There are other options that can help you save money, including free toll blocking and a waived deposit with toll blocking on phone service.
Lifeline is available to eligible subscribers who participate in a qualifying program or whose household income is at or below 135% the federal poverty guidelines (Federal credit) or at or below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines (state credit). You’re eligible for Lifeline if you, your dependent, or a member of your household participates in any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veteran’s Pension or Survivor’s Pension
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) (State discount only)
- National School Lunch Program – Free Lunch Program (State discount only)
- State Child Health Plan (CHIP) (State discount only)
Lifeline may be used for one phone (wireline or wireless) or bundled broadband internet service. You can receive only one discount per household and may not transfer your Lifeline discount to another person. Lifeline discounts on phone service include a transfer restriction (port freeze) of 60 days. Lifeline discounts on bundled broadband include a transfer restriction (port freeze) of 12 months.
Contact Lite-Up Texas at 1-866-454-8387 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information concerning the Lifeline discount program.
Didn’t answer your questions? Call us toll free at 800.333.9779.