Poly VVX 450
Phone Features Guide for VVX450
The Poly VVX 450 is packed with many advanced features that will enhance your day-to-day business activities and make your life easier. This guide is designed to help you use some of the most popular features with your new Poly VVX 450 phone — right out of the box.
The soft keys located underneath the phone screen perform the functions that appear directly above them on the display. Their functions are context sensitive, which means the function of the soft keys changes depending upon your current activity. For example, if you are conferencing, the soft keys display functions related to the conference function.
With the VVX 450, you have the ability to access up to twelve physical lines and up to 36 additional virtual keys. The line keys, located to the left and right of the phone screen, indicate the status of your lines and associated activity. The icon informs you when a line is idle, ringing, in use, on hold or disconnected altogether. Use the left and right navigation buttons to change virtual pages of line keys. (NOTE: the virtual pages don’t appear if an Expansion Module is attached.)
The Navigation keys allow you to scroll through the options and lists on the display keys by pressing left, right, up or down. To select an item, press the Select button (the button in the center of the navigation keys).
Answer a Call
To answer a call, simply pick up the handset or press the Answer soft key, Speakerphone key or Headset key.
Place a Call
To place a call, simply pick up the handset or press the New Call soft key, Speakerphone key or Headset key. Then dial the number.
Set up Voicemail
- Either press the Messages key or Initiate a call.
- If calling, dial *62 or your extension.
- At the prompt, enter in a unique passcode, then press #.
- Re-enter your passcode, then press #.
- Follow instructions to record your name.
Follow prompts to:
* Access voice mailbox
* Access greetings menu
* Change passcode
* Exit voice portal
Retrieve Voicemail Messages
A blinking red “message waiting” indicator light notifies you when you have a new voicemail message.
- To check your voicemail, press the Messages key or initiate a call and dial *62 or your extension.
- Enter your voicemail passcode if prompted, then press #. (If you forgot your passcode, please contact your system administrator.)
- Follow the audio prompts.
Hold and Resume a Call
- To hold, press the Hold soft key.
- To resume, press the Resume soft key.
Access Call Lists
- Call History can be accessed using the Navigation keys.
- To see Recent calls including placed, received or missed calls (denoted by icon), press the down arrow key or press the Dir soft key and choose Recent Calls
- To dial a number, scroll to the desired number, then press the Dial soft key or the Select button.
Do Not Disturb
- To enable Do Not Disturb, press the DND soft key.
- To disable, press the DND soft key again.
Make a Three-way Call
After the first call is connected:
- Press the More soft key, then the Confrnc soft key. The active call will be placed on hold.
- Dial the new party.
- When the call connects, press the Confrnc soft key again to join the calls.
Transfer a Call
After the first call is connected:
- Press the Transfer hard key or soft key. (The active call will be placed on hold.)
- To transfer the call unannounced, press the Blind soft key. Dial the number and hit send. The call will transfer automatically.
- To speak to the transfer-to party first, Dial the number or extension and press Send. When the party answers, provide details about the transfer. Then press Transfer again to complete.
- To transfer the call directly to another user’s voicemail, during the transfer process, Dial *55 instead of the extension, then the extension, followed by #. A confirmation will announce the transfer is complete.
- Press the Forward soft key or the Home key.
- If using Home, press the down arrow on the Navigation keys until the Forward Menu option is selected. Press the Select navigation button.
- Use the up and down arrows on the Navigation keys to select your option.
* Call Forwarding Always
* Call Forwarding No Answer
* Call Forwarding Busy
- Enter destination number and press Enable soft key.
- To disable, follow the same steps and press Disable soft key.