Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Peoples has elected to participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – formerly the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program – to help eligible customers affected by the pandemic receive financial relief for essential broadband services.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Communications Commission program that helps low-income families and households struggling to afford internet service.
- This new benefit provides a discount of up to $30/month on broadband services or up to $75/month on broadband services for households living on Tribal lands;
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider (Peoples does not offer these devices).
- Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the federal Lifeline program, including those who receive benefits from Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, FPHA or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit;
- Receives benefits under the federal free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Receives Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) benefits; or
- The household has a total income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Step 1: Interested households must establish their eligibility using the National Verifier. Please visit ACPBenefit.org from any computer or mobile device to complete the electronic application.
- Step 2: Once the electronic application has been successfully completed and approved, eligible households must contact Peoples to enroll in the program. Please contact our business office at 1.800.333.9779.
Peoples’ customer service representatives must perform an address lookup for your specific address to determine what broadband service options are available to your premises. All services are subject to availability.
Eligible households may obtain broadband service supported by the Affordable Connectivity Program from any participating provider, and a participating household may transfer their ACP benefit to another provider at any time without experiencing early termination penalties.